Monday, January 12, 2009

Snowing again today.
I love my St Francis in my garden. When I first got him from Beth a few years ago I felt a little nervous about leaving him out there all winter long. I tried putting him in my garage but that wasn't right either. In real life St Francis preferred being outdoors, he was happiest there. I also thought about building him a little roof to cover him and protect him from the snow, but that didn't seem quite right either. So as the years went by I was allright with leaving him outside because I felt he was content there.

THIS year however I have a new dilemma. I don't think we've had this much snow since St Francis has been in my backyard. And now it's only January and look at him!

This doesnt' feel right at all. My anxiety about him has been increasing with each new blizzard. I thought about just going out in the yard and dumping snow on him to cover him until spring, but that felt very wrong as soon as I got outside. So today I'm guessing that when I get home from work tonight he will no longer be visible and that might be for the best. Or I may have Dan make a little shed and I will dig him out and put the shed around him for the rest of the winter.... Think carefully before you put a Saint in your backyard. Now I think I understand why you so often see Mary's under bathtubs in peoples yards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when i first read this i didn't 'read' it read it and i thought it was a post about your concern for dad in this winter. lol.