Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yeah, this picture is kind of weird, but I like it. I was trying to get a pic of me planting bulbs and ended up with this.

Another beautiful fall day. Very self-satisfied that I remembered to plant tulip bulbs this year. Dan is up at Issy's with Tom Roesch working on deer stands. Oh! He just came home! It is perfect weather, if a bit windy.

Planted tulips in our yard and Moms too.

I think I am slightly obsessed with taking pics of the lake. I spent some time down there again today. Very windy and the sun was making beautiful patterns on the water.

I think this picture looks like God could be speaking to me at any moment if I paid attention. :)

Is this dark bird a gull? Does anyone know? Dan says yes it is. Why is it dark I ask him. Because it's a different kind of gull Dan says. Huh. It took me some time getting close enought to get a good picture of these poor gulls. They kept their eye on me and shuffled sideways down the beach away from me as I stalked them.

Big wind big waves

City put in this nice little spot to sit by the lake, right across from the bandshell in city park. There is going to be a sculpture of Princess Minnewaska on a huge slab of granite in the middle on that circle of gravel. The sculptor is David Lent, the guy who is teaching me how to do pottery. I think I will like what he is going to put there. It sounds cool from how he describes it.

No comments: